Sunday, February 17, 2008

Today is a gift.


Time is more valuable than money.
You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.
” - Jim Rohn

Someone said, "Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present." And yet, many don't really know how to appreciate it until it is gone.

If you don't have a plan for your life, you can't manage your time. Just ask yourself this question: "If all my days are like today, what will be my future?" and ponder over it. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.

Below are more questions for us to realize the value of time...
To realize the value of one year:
- Ask a student who has failed a final exam.
To realize the value of one month:
- Ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.
To realize the value of one day:
- Ask a daily wage laborer with kids to feed.
To realize the value of one hour:
- Ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
To realize the value of one minute:
- Ask the person who has missed the train, bus or plane.
To realize the value of one second:
- Ask a person who has survived an accident.
To realize the value of one millisecond:
- Ask the person who has won a silver medal in the Olympics.

"Time is equal to life; therefore, waste your time and waste of your life, or master your time and master your life." - Alan Lakein

Our time is indeed precious and limited. Plan your life well because lost time is never found again. Let us take all the necessary action now. May we have the wisdom to employ our time wisely.

Related posts:

12 comments:

Jennifer Jones said...

Hey Sam,

GREAT post.. (as always)! LOL!

It seems the older I get the more I feel the beauty of the moment; the more I want to appreciate each second.

I have had friends and family go through serious illness and challenges and realize that we just do not know how long we have on this earth... I want to cherish the time I have.

Thank you so much for this Sam,

Love and gratitude to you,

Jen

enigma said...

Hi,Sam Nicely written a post here.

I know that Love,Healt,Time don't come back and They are unpriced then

Don't waste your Time in bad places.
Don't waste your Love with a wrong person.
Don't waste your Healt for pointless things.
I mean,
Therefore all of them very precious for me and I am trying to Spend my time pretty carefully.
thanks for sharing.Have a nice day!

http://enigmaslaundryroom.blogspot.com/2008/02/dont-waste-your-blood-in-enigmas-mouth.html

Sam Chan said...

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for spending your precious time here. I always value your meaningful participation.

May all your wishes comes true.
May you have all the worthwhile things to do and love ones with you always.

Warmest wishes.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Enigma,

Thanks for adding your words of wisdom. Let's cherish whatever time we have and spend it wisely.

Blessings to you my friend.

FL Sam said...

Time is definitely more valuable than Money. Money can be earn but time lost cannot never be earn. Time wait for no one.

We must learn to mange ourselves not the time. Spend quality time with family. :)

surjit singh said...

Hi Sam,
Another great post full of wisdom.I like the quote:
“Time is more valuable than money.
You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.”
God bless.

Tawnya Shields said...

Hello Sam,
Our time here is indeed precious. Like Jen, I feel as I mature that each moment must be cherished. Unlike when I was much younger and wished my time away. Glad I came to my senses to enjoy life. :o)

Wonderful post.

Blessings,
Tawnya

Sam Chan said...

Hi Sam,

Thanks for sharing your valuable thoughts. Indeed Time wait for no one.

Spending quality time with family is one good life plan.

Blessings to you Sam.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Surjit,

Thanks. It is nice to see you here. You had a long break in blogging. I hope you had a great time with your love ones and are doing fine.

God bless

Sam Chan said...

Hi Tawnya,

Yup. We must cherish every moment we have. Every minute and second is a gift from God. Let's be thankful and make good use of it.

Thanks for your encouragement and support.

Blessings to you always.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Blog49,

Thanks for your compliment about this blog. FYI, I am a married man and have a great family. Anyway, Thanks. Well, the link that you had suggested maybe useful to others.

Best Wishes

curar hemorroides said...

How sweet of you to do that!! Sam & Jenny! Happy