Monday, March 12, 2007

Nucleur weapons: The end to mankind?

"In peace the sons bury their fathers, but in war the fathers bury their sons." - Croesus

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind"

“You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war.” - Albert Einstein

"War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children." - Jimmy Carter

Older men declare war. But it is the youth who must fight and die! - Herbert Hoover

“If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Photo by e-chan taken from this source

2 comments:

Chana said...

I like the description of your blog..I agree..wholeheartedly.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Chana,

I feel very encouraged that you also agree with my blog description i.e. "Wisdom lies not in the amount of knowledge acquired but in the degree of its application. We only live once. But if we live properly, once is enough."

FYI, one of the reasons, I started this blog is to remind myself about the need of applying whatever I had acquired.. not that I am an expert in this area!