Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Renew your energy

"Goals help you channel your energy into action." - Les Brown

For every vacation, I always find my children very energetic at the start of the journey. However, on the way home, they will usually sleep in the car. I reckon one of the reasons was that the hope to reach the destination makes the difference in their level of energy.

“When you are in the valley, keep your goal firmly in view and you will get the renewed energy to continue the climb.” - Denis Waitley

"The key that unlocks energy is desire. It's also the key to a long and interesting life. If we expect to create any drive, any real force within ourselves, we have to get excited." - Earl Nightingale

To renew our energy, we have to write down what we truly want in our life. Moreover, we need to be able to see our goals in our minds eye and in our heart to begin to have a chance of realizing them.

Nothing happens until we plan and a good plans have goals and objectives.

Goals should be SMART:

  • S - specific, significant, stretching
  • M - measurable, meaningful, motivational
  • A - agreed upon, attainable, achievable, acceptable, action-oriented
  • R - realistic, relevant, reasonable, rewarding, results-oriented
  • T - time-based, timely, tangible, trackable

Do you believe in goal setting?

Related posts:

13 comments:

WaterLearner said...

What an appropriate post to begin the new year! Indeed, goal setting is very important. Even more important is that of Smart Goal Setting.

Thanks Sam for this great post.

I look forward to more guidance from you in this great new year.

Trinity said...

Hallo Sam, thank you for letting me know more about you in my comment section. I am glad you continue blogging as I am sure you have been blessings for many readers. I see you have 101 people who read your posts.. . in this case you can be God's tool to bless others, to deliver and share His wisdom to your readers.

Today I also read about setting the goal in our daily bread. And I am reminded to have commitment, discipline and perseverance to make the goal into reality..

Azmie21 said...

Inspiring

Best Regards

Azmi
Blogger from South Borneo Indonesia
Talking about
Money maker, affiliate, motivation, inspiration, Get paid to, Adbrite lovers

Sam Chan said...

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your nice and motivating comments. I have a lot to learn from you.

My best wishes to you.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Trinity,

Your kind support and encouragement really means a lot! I am really inspired by your devotion and faithfulness to God.

Indeed, we must have commitment, discipline and perseverance to make any goal into reality. Many thanks for adding your insightful thoughts to my post.

Blessings to you, Trinity.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Azmiel,

Thank you for stopping by and your compliment on my blog.

Best Wishes

Tawnya Shields said...

Happy New Years Sam,
This was a great post to start off the year. Too many of us set unrealistic goals that leads to frustration, burnout then unfulfilled goals.

"Slow and steady is the pace,
slow and steady wins the race!"
I love that quote.

Blessings to you on this fresh new year.

Trix said...

Hi Sam,this post is quite apt for me,as its a new year and I have to re-shuffle my goals.I do require more energy and here I am reminded that I first need to have a desire,and the energy should follow.Now If I can drum up some desire to do the dishes,that would be a great start! Just kidding,Sam...these tips of yours are great,thank you so much.I want to wish you and your family a wonderful New Year :)

Sam Chan said...

Hi Tawnya,

Thank you for your insight and wisdom! Indeed, Slow and steady wins the race. That's a very nice quote. It gave me the inspiration for my next post.

Blessings to you, my dear friend.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Jesse,

I am glad you find this post helpful. I really hope you will get all the necessary energy (enthusiasm and drive) to accomplish whatever you have in mind.

Blessings to you and Cassie!

Just Mhe said...

I truly love reading your entries Sam, you have made some great articles and it awakened me all the time.

Cheers Sam!

Sam Chan said...

Hi Haze,

Thanks for your kind and motivating words. I am glad that you liked my blog. Your participation is a source of inspiration for me.

Cheers!

entrenador fitness online said...

we must have commitment, discipline and perseverance to make any goal into reality