Saturday, January 27, 2007

Be Decisive

You don't have to wait for permission to do the right thing. Be decisive. Take the initiative. Get the facts. Do it now.

Indecision is often worse than wrong action. Indecision is fatal. It is better to make a wrong decision than build up a habit of indecision. Indecision breeds doubt. We never feel safe with a leader not sure of himself.

The most common source of mistakes in management decisions is the emphasis on finding the right answer rather than the right question.

Photo by Garrettc taken from this source

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg, i am one of it as you can see, evertime my friends asking me what to do or which steps should be taken I'll just reply with ---i Don't Know!!!

Between, I don't really have any goal to set with, you can help me?

Sam Chan said...

Hi Fondo,

Normally, we reply "I don't know" because we don't want to make the wrong choice and worry of making mistakes. However, we can gather a lot of wisdom when we make mistakes. Of course some mistakes can be painful. We just have to make sure we forget the difficulties but learn the lesson and not to make the same mistakes again.

To set goal, you need to know "What is most important to you". Start asking yourself a lot of questions will helps.

Well, I will post more "Wise Sayings" that I had been collected and hopefully it can helps.