Monday, February 19, 2007

Growing Old Gracefully

Like a tree, we each must find a place to grow and branch out.

Growth comes from attempting tasks more difficult than our usual ones. Routine tasks are necessary, but they don't develop growth.

No one stops growing until he stops asking questions, either of others or of himself.

We never grow old. We get old when we stop growing. Keeping useful keeps us youthful.

Never regret growing old; not everyone has that privilege.

Photo by Pandiyan taken from this source

4 comments:

eastcoastlife said...

Hi Sam!
Wishing you a Joyous Lunar New Year!

I first read your blog in the BOTB. I like what you write, but I can't do most them. haha...

I think I'm beginning to grow old, because I'm too lazy to ask questions any more. hehe....

Sam Chan said...

I hope my next post Don't wait - Start now can be helpful to you.

Well, the state of our mind determine our behavior! So always be in resourceful state.

IT'S MY LIFE: said...

How true that saying is about growing old not everyone lives for that privilege: my husband was taken from me at the age of 58 just 2 months after my mother. it took me nearly 8 yrs to accept,these past 18 months have been the best in many a year.we all have to accept growing old and death, but while we're alive lets enjoy ourselves.
alliswell21(formerly poetrygirl100)

Sam Chan said...

Hi AllIsWell21,
"All experiences are opportunities for us to learn and grow".

Thanks for adding your insightful views. I really value your participation.

Best Wishes