Monday, October 22, 2007

Successful people also have problems

Wherever you are, whatever the problem, know that you are not alone. Life indeed is full of problems.


"People who succeed do not have fewer problems than people who fail. The only people without problems are those in cemeteries. It's not what happens to us that separates failures from successes. It is how we perceive it and what we do about what 'happens' that makes the difference." - Anthony Robbins


“The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem

"How you think about a problem is more important than the problem itself - so always think positively." - Norman Vincent Peale

"Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer." - Denis Waitley

"When a problem comes along, study it until you are completely knowledgeable. Then find that weak spot, break the problem apart, and the rest will be easy." - Norman Vincent Peale

From Problem to Profit
About 100 years ago there was a candlestick maker who often stopped at a market and bought a fish for his evening meal. It was wrapped in ordinary paper which became soggy, and the passengers on the street car always complained about the odor. One morning he dipped the paper in molten wax. That day he wrapped his fish in the treated paper. It did not become soggy, and there was no odor. That is how waxed paper was born.

Got a problem? Do not curse it. Look for a cure.

Learn to look at problem differently. Find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. There may be ways to turn a problem into an opportunity for success just like the above story.

Related posts:

18 comments:

Family Man said...

Great Post! I needed that today!

Jennifer Jones said...

Hi Sam,

Ohh this is a fabulous bit of wisdom.

I need to be much better at this.

I think it is true that pretty much every invention comes from a need... nice point!

Thanks a bunch... nice to have you back!

Jen

Tawnya Shields said...

Hi Sam,

Good sage advice. I have been working on the negative thoughts that come my way. It is amazing how clear a situation becomes when one focuses on the positive. Negative thinking always leaves me feeling murky, cloudy and just not focused.

Welcome back by the way. :o)

Blessings,
Tawnya

Sam Chan said...

Hi Ian,

I am glad you find this post helpful.

Many Blessings to you.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for adding your valuable thoughts. Indeed, every invention comes from a need or problem that need to be solved.

Best Wishes

Sam Chan said...

Hi Tawnya,

Thanks for your valuable thoughts.

Indeed when we focus on the positive, problems are not really problems but opportunities for us to grow strong and attain wisdom.

Blessings to you.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Surjit,

Thanks for your continued support and interest in what I do. May we learn to look at problems differently and benefit from it.

Many Blessings

mr fong said...

Hi Sam,thanks for the lesson on adaptibility, creativity and change. :D

Sam Chan said...

Hi Winston,

Thanks for adding in your comments.
Let's learn to look at problems differently so that we could turn problems into opportunities for success.

Blessings to you, Winston.

Unknown said...

hehehehehehe...yes we all have a problems!

Because we feel normal that is why?

Sam Chan said...

Hi Haze,

Indeed, it is very normal to feel bad whenever we encountered problems. However, to feel different, we have to learn to look at problems differently.

Blessing to you, Haze.

Trinity said...

Sam, I will learn how to write good posts like this from your blog! I hope you can be my tutor..

Thanks for sharing these things... I need it!

I have something for you today..
http://www.ruangsudut.info/2007/11/blog-of-day-no-2-acquire-wisdom.html

Sam Chan said...

Hi Trinity,

It should be me that need to learn from you. I think I still don't really know how to write. That's why most of my posts are wise sayings or quotes instead of my own writings. I hope I could learn and improve my writings eventually.

However, I do spend a great deal of time and effort in finding topics, nice quotes and photos to match them. Hope that helps! :-)

Blessings to you, Trinity.

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is John and I just came across your blog. I am MD and I am trying to find the light at the end of the tunnel. I quit my job recently which was in medical research. I help to build up the research group and gave my ideas and projects to a person I believed would be the perfect collaborator, after 2 years he started being against my ideas and how I presented them. He wanted me out of the group,It was devastating because he also put my clinical boss against me. Now I decided to leave and the took everything. I am alone without a job and all my ideas taken from me. I do not know how to restart, everything seems very hopeless

Sam Chan said...

Hi John,

I am not that wise to advise or comfort you. Anyway, I remember from the Bible in Philippians 3:13 a passage might be useful. You could learn from Paul - forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead.

May God grant you the wisdom and strength to overcome your problems and see light eventually.

God bless.

KASIH DAN KEHIDUPAN said...

keberhasilan bukan di ukur dari kesuksesan n kekayaan yang kamu dapat melainkan kedamaian yang kamu berikan buat sesama

KASIH DAN KEHIDUPAN said...

TUHAN YESUS ADALAH TELADAN KITA TENTANG SALING MENGASIHI

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Thanks for highlighting problems of successful people! There's so much to google about "how to" and failures. Achieving your dreams can be scary, too.