Friday, October 05, 2007

To Succeed Endure All Things

"Victory belongs to the most persevering.” - Napoleon Bonaparte

Recently, I stumbled upon news about a 27-year-old Chinese woman that won the chance to buy a car for the equivalent of 6p by kissing it for more than 24 hours. That is indeed an endurance test or contest.

Likewise, we have to endure to continue blogging. Frankly speaking, I was really exhausted recently. That is one of the reasons why there wasn't any post for this couple of days. I am thankful to many of you that had encouraged me to move on.

I find the following quotes helpful:

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan ‘press on’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.” - Calvin Coolidg

"To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it." - Mother Teresa

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela

Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.” - Henry Ford

“The will to persevere is often the difference between failure and success” - David Sarnoff

Indeed, endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines. To prevail, you need to endure. Avoid people that try to belittle your ambition. Choose your environment with care, one that is positive, one that lifts you up and empowers you to achieve your goals.

Photo 1 by c-66 taken from this source
Photo 2 by Tancread taken from this source

Related posts:

10 comments:

Greenwoman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lilifxt said...

hi sam excellent post my friend i also felt exausted to blogging and and u and many friends on here encourage me alot that is normal it happens sometimes we have to take a break to move on

To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it." that quote is great it touched me alot and i agree that we have to avoid people that try to belittle our ambition

keep up the good work my friend what u are doing is great it affects many people and encourage them im one of them

GOD BLESS YOU

Sam Chan said...

Greenwoman said...

This post holds great power for me...and its just what I needed to hear in this moment. Bless you for such an inspiring post.

Greenwoman


Hi Greenwoman,

I am glad this post is helpful to you. Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate that.

BTW, I had removed your comment because it contains links that are not very appropriate. I am sorry about that. Hope you understand.

Best Wishes

Sam Chan said...

Hi Lili,

I am glad my post is helpful. Thank you for the encouragement. It really helps. You too are doing great!

Happy blogging.
Have a nice weekend.

surjit singh said...

Yes I agree with you Sam.Perseverance and endurance do pay in the log run but we often meet '.people that try to belittle your ambition'..
So we have to be on our guard against such elements..A good post.
Thanks for sharing.
God bless.

mr fong said...

Sam, thank you for your help and this post. This is very relevant- by taking up a tutoring job at my age, there were people who tried to belittle ambition, so your post works just fine! Thank you!

Let me show u something... ;p

Visit Eatyourmaths!

This should be correct, haha. And..

Sam's Blog Rocks!

mr fong said...

Sam, I read about that post on Abuse from Karen's blog and I'm so sorry, I missed it coz it was off the 4 posts on your main page. :(

I am grateful that u still answered, and we can learn from this that different ppl have diff views, but we must respect the rest, even with cynicism and negativity pervading the world.

I am so glad you came back, this shows how much you treasure blogging! :-)

Take care and you will bounce back...

P.S. sorry i never comment in that thread as I dun want you to encounter hurt again......

Sam Chan said...

Thanks Surjit for adding your valuable thoughts. You are right! Perseverance and Endurance do pay in the long run.

“When the going gets tough, the tough get going.” - Joseph P. Kennedy

God bless

Sam Chan said...

Hi Winston,

I am glad this post is helpful to you.

I can see the links. Great!.. you had finally learned HTML anchor tag and Href attribute.

Best Wishes

Sam Chan said...

Hi Winston,

I really appreciate your support. Thanks for your understanding. I am indeed so blessed with faithful readers and supporter like you.

Blessings to you Winston