Sunday, October 07, 2007

Kindle the fire of your enthusiasm

“Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Make very sure you like what you do. To get from where you are to where you want to be, you need to have constant supply of enthusiasm. You can succeed at almost anything for which you has unlimited enthusiasm.

"Love what you do. Do what you love." - Wayne Dyer

"All that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about." - Charles Kingsley

“Enthusiasm... the sustaining power of all great action.” - Samuel Smiles

“Enthusiasm is contagious. Be a carrier.” - Susan Rabin

"If you can give your son or daughter only one gift, let it be Enthusiasm." - Bruce Barton

"I consider my ability to arouse enthusiasm among men the greatest asset I possess. The way to develop the best that is in a man is by appreciation and encouragement." - Charles Schwab

"If you are not getting as much from life as you want to, then examine the state of your enthusiasm." - Norman Vincent Peale

Enthusiasm is one of your greatest assets. Go and find means to arouse your enthusiasm. Then sustain it. Combine it with faith and you will be able to achieve results unheard of!

Do you know what triggers your enthusiasm?

Photo 1 by Infidelic taken from this source
Photo 2 by noizyboy taken from this source

Related posts:

10 comments:

Unknown said...

For me going with friends and have fun or a simple day outing with family can be the source of my enthusiam.

I do love my jobs but sometimes it can be very irritating too and I get too angry very quickly.

Part of it is missing my family in Philippines, its hard. I always lost my enthusiam at a sudden.

WaterLearner said...

Hi Sam,

A good post on Enthusiasm! The fire burning in our hearts!

It is good to be able to do what we love. But I feel that it is also very important to learn to love what that we are doing.

Enthusiasm is contagious. No one can resist an enthusiastic and lively person!

Of course my hobbies like running, being close to nature, or craftwork would trigger my enthusiasm. What I am trying to do now is to also instil enthusiasm into me while I work. I hope that by doing so, Mondays and all days at work, will no longer be blue.

Cheers!

mr fong said...

Hi Sam,hard to answer your qn as I really don't know.Maybe doing something we like alot? Taking a break?

Can't think of any more,hehe ;p

Jennifer Jones said...

Hi Sam... great post!

There are those days were I am so full of enthusiasm for anything and everything, and there are those days where my enthusiasm bottle is near empty! :-)

I have the sense that when we are in tune with the creativity, gifts, and individual blessings we each have to share, the enthusiasm is bright and alive! :-)

Blessings and love,

Jen

surjit singh said...

Hi Sam,
A wonderful motivating post.I like the following quote:
...'If you can give your son or daughter only one gift, let it be Enthusiasm." - Bruce Barton
You have rightly said that we should ..'Combine it with faith..'
a very important aspect.
Thanks for sharing another good post.
God bless.

Sam Chan said...

Thanks Haze for sharing what trigger your enthusiasm. Indeed, spending great time with family and friends can be a good source of enthusiasm.

Hope you could find the strength to control your temper. Remember the one who anger you, conquers you.

Check this out if necessary:
Self-help posts for anger

With the advancement of technology, maybe you should consider communicating with your family in Philippines with webcam or skype.

Blessings to you Haze

Sam Chan said...

Hi Karen,

You are right! It is also important to learn to love what we are doing. Indeed, interest can be developed. One just need to think how.

Thanks for sharing what triggers your enthusiasm.

Blessings and Joy to you Karen.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Winston,

I believe you can do better than that. Try and spend some time reflecting when and what had managed to bring joy and excitement to you. Those moments where you don't even want to sleep or rest. When you are enthusiastic, you have lots of energy and nothing can stop you in achieving what you had in mind.

Hope that helps.

Best Wishes to you Winston.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for sharing your insight and wisdom. Indeed, when we are in tune with the creativity, gifts and our special blessings we have and are able to share, we can become very enthusiastic.

Enthusiasm is the moment when we really enjoy chatting for hours having common interest with someone we love to accompany.

Blessings and Joy to you Jennifer

Sam Chan said...

Hi Surjit,

I am glad you like the quote. Thanks for the continuous support. Your participation is a source of inspiration for me.

God bless.