Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Remember to always Think Positive!

“There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.” - W. Clement Stone

When we are feeling blue and depressed, does it really make sense to say: "I am joyous, happy, glad, etc."? Yes, it surely does.

Forcing positive thoughts drives away our negatives. We can't think two opposite thoughts at the same time. By changing your thoughts, you change your attitude and your feeling. Even the Bible says: Let the weak say I am strong.

Keep your mind filled with positive thoughts and there'll be no room for negatives. That's the whole purpose of affirmations - to keep our minds positive.

Finding positive out of every negative - which we don't always often do.
  • For the husband or wife who snores all night, because he or she is at home asleep with me and not with someone else.
  • For the taxes that I pay because it means that I am employed.
  • For the mess to clean after a party because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.
  • For the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.
  • For a floor that needs mopping, and windows that need cleaning because it means I have a home.
  • For all the complaining I hear about the government because it means that we have the freedom of speech.
  • For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking and that I have been blessed with transportation.
  • For the pile of laundry and ironing because it means I have clothes to wear.
  • For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I am still alive.
Don't just stop at Positive Thinking
However, you'll develop more power, physical, mental, or any skill in 30 minutes of practice than in 20 years of positive thinking.

No one ever became a champion athlete or master musician in 20 years of positive thinking about music or athletics UNLESS he ALSO PRACTICED. Likewise, your living will only improves when you do all that is necessary for the positive change!

Photo 1 by Shadowhut taken from this source
Photo 2 by natesmama0214 taken from this source

Related posts:

19 comments:

Trix said...

I have tried so long tonight to leave you a comment on one of your blogs, lol, tried both.. but my isp was severely bad! I just want to say I read all the very wonderful posts you create, and they are becoming a part of my day! You have a special something that has the ability to reach peoples hearts and make them feel so good!Its something wonderful, keep it up ! Jesse

Sam Chan said...

Hi Jesse,
Indeed, it is very difficult and painful to post a message when the Internet line is having problem or sloooow. I really appreciate you for making this effort to post this comment. I am very encourage to know that you read all my posts.

You too are doing great, Jesse!

Thank you for being a faithful reader of this blog.

Blessings to you, my friend

Jennifer Jones said...

Hi Sam,

Fabulous post!

Too often these days folks get the idea that if they just think positively great things will just fall our of the sky! LOL!

As you so eloquently state, there is more to it... practice! And as you have written in the past, determination, perserverance etc. etc. etc.

Your blog is so fabulous Sam!

I always get a few moments of light and encouragment to live a better life!

I thank you for this!

Jen

AC Associates said...

Great post and I truly believe in the power of positive thinking. As you suggest it sometimes takes practice. Sometimes we get stuck in the habit of negative thinking, but it is so worth the effort to change how we think.
I wanted to post something about this very subject myself. More people need to hear it...

Jacqueline said...

I really needed this post today! I have been dealing with things, and this post is like medicine for the soul. It helps so much, especially with the quotes as well. Thank you, and keep it up! You are a blessing!

Sam Chan said...

Hi Jennifer,
Many thanks for adding your insightful thoughts to my post.

I am very happy to know that you liked this post.

Indeed, many treated positive thinking a hype because there wasn't much emphasis on the need of actions. That's why many do not believe in it anymore when it doesn't work in that manner.

Best wishes to you, my friend

Sam Chan said...

Hi Andrea,
It is great to know that you too believe in the power of positive thinking.

Very true, at times we tend to dwell on negative thinking. Well, every now and then we need to be reminded to get back to the bright side.

Thanks for your comments. Your participation is very much appreciation.

Best Wishes to you, Andrea!

Sam Chan said...

Hi Jacqueline,
Thanks! I am really very happy to know that this post is helpful to you.

I dedicate one more quote for you:
"Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them."

May God continue to protect and guide you!

Anonymous said...

Great post. Always think positive and put your positive thinking in action will give you a positive life. Life is short, no point for us to live negatively (a waste of time/life). We must live positively and happily.
Cheers
Honman

surjit singh said...

A wonderful post.The value of positive thinking in life can't be under estimated. I like the quote:

..There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.”
Thanks Sam Chan.My best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Sam! Your a hard man to get a hold of :) I've spent the last half hour or so looking for an email address, with no success! :)

I'd love for you to contact me, you can use the contact form on my site. (Linked with my name)

Looking forward to hearing from you :)

Lee

Sam Chan said...

Hi Honman,

I totally agree with you. Life is so short... why waste the time living negatively!

Thanks for your insight Honman. I so appreciate it!

Cheers

Sam Chan said...

Hi Surjit,
I like that quote too!
Thanks for your continuous support.

Have a good day.
Best wishes.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Lee,
Sorry! To avoid spam, I did not place my e-mail address in my blogs.

I am still contemplating whether I should place my e-mail address in my blog.

I will try to contact you.
Best Wishes

Anonymous said...

Sam, This is a wonderful post, a great reminder of how to take the negative and turn it around into positive. It's not just a good idea or nice thoughts, it's a truth that will change ones life. This is especially true when we realize, acknowledge and thank the One who gives every good gift from above. I appreciate your thoughts brother.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Phil,
Thanks! I am glad that you like this post. Hopefully, we all will remember to focus on the positive instead of the negative so that our life will be changed. Anyway, you are right, we ought to remember to acknowledge and thank God who gave us every good gift.

Blessings to you and your family.

Michael Donlan said...

I Believe it was W. Clement Stone who said, "Knowledge is not power, knowledge in action is, "Your right, we can't stop at positive thinking. We also can't stop at a dream. According to Napoleon Hill, desire is only the first step of thirteen toward success.

I'm reviewing Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich" chapter by chapter at littleengineblog.blogspot.com. Come by and give some insights and opinions.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Michael Donlan,
Thank you for your insight and wisdom!

Very true... Knowledge is ONLY potential power. Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich" is indeed a fabulous book. I will visit your blog soon. Thanks for the invitation.

Best Wishes

Jignesh Rathod said...

Great post indeed. Positive thinking proves to be a great magic. It's a big source of great energy. Thank you for the post. (http://greatlivingguide.blogspot.com/2011/01/7-tips-to-positive-thinking.html)