Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Family Vacation to Penang Hill

“In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony.” - Eva Burrows

I am down with Flu, Fever and Cough. After medication, I found that I was too tired physically and mentally to come up with any Inspirational post.

Anyway, let me share with you all some photos of my happy moments with my family in the recent trip up to Penang.

On the 15th of October 2007, we went up to Penang Hill also known as Bukit Bendera.

During school holidays and weekends, the funicular train can be very crowded with long queues. Luckily, it was not crowded that day.

The funicular train is a two levels system. Each level has two tram coaches linked by a cable and pulley. The tram coaches will pass each other at a junction. There is a "Middle Station" where passengers alight and transfer to the other level system. Train arrives every 15 minutes. A total of 30 minutes to get to the top of the Penang Hill.


We had reached the top. It was time for photo taking. Well, I was not in this photo because I was the photographer.








At about 830 metres (2,750 feet) from sea level, the temperature on the hilltop is considerably cooler than the city below.

We walked 1.7km to get to Canopy Walk, which is a suspension bridge hanging over the treetops.

From this photo, which was taken using zoom, you can see that I was so far behind my family. I was actually spending time taking photographs of monkeys, squirrels and scenery of the jungle. Well, my wife and children were impatiently waiting for me. It was indeed a long walk.

















Finally, we had reached and tried the 200m Canopy Walk. It was indeed cool!













We had to walk 1.7km back after the Canopy Walk. We were exhausted on the way back and we took a short rest.









On the way back, I found a safe place for my camera. Therefore, we took a couple of photos using the camera's self-timer feature.















From the top of the Hill, we can see the Penang Bridge. The bridge is among the longest bridges in the world.

We had a wonderful time for sure!

I hope you have a joyful time with your family too.

Blessings to all readers.
Sam Chan

Related posts:

15 comments:

FL Sam said...

Hi Sam, Very nice pictures. I havent been to Penang Hill.

Did you go to Genting Hill in Penang. Very nice view from there too. You can have dinner there a see the sunset. :)

WaterLearner said...

Hi Sam,

Looks like you have had a really good time with your family. I believe that quality time spent with the family and having the love and support of the loved ones is very important. Nonsence at work with coworkers will tire me but can't really affect me badly deep within. But if I am having some conflict or misunderstanding with my family, then that can really drain me out.

I guess the basic social unit called Family is indeed the anchor or everyone's life.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Sam,

I had not heard of Genting Hill in Penang. Well, I might check it out for the future trip to Penang. Thanks for the suggestion.

Best Wishes

Sam Chan said...

Hi Karen,

Thanks for adding your words of wisdom in regards to family. Yup! I really had a good time with my family.

May we all be blessed with great and understanding family.

Best Wishes

Tawnya Shields said...

Hi Sam, That is one beautiful place. I love anyplace that is full of green life and critters.

That bridge looked kind of scary. But then again I am a chicken when it comes to bridges.

Hope you feel better soon. Please rest and take care of yourself.

Blessings,
Tawnya

Sam Chan said...

Hi Tawnya,

Thanks for your comments.
Penang Hill is indeed a beautiful place to visit.

Many Blessings

mr fong said...

Hi Sam, you have 4 wonderful children! Hope u had a good time, I last went to BUkit Bendera in 2000, when I was p3. The last time I went months ago, I spent at the beach playing the seasports. Haha!

You seem to have had a wonderful time, get well soon and enjoy yourselves, I'm waiting for your inspirational posts but no hurries :D

surjit singh said...

Thanks Sam for sharing beautiful pictures.It is wonderful to see whole family enjoying together.
Get well soon.
Thanks for your precious comments on my latest post.I love the quotes from The Bible.
God bless.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Winston,

Thanks for your well wishes. I am feeling very much better now.

Indeed, I have 4 wonderful children and we had a wonderful time in Penang Hill.

Blessings to you, Winston.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Surjit,

You are welcome. Thanks for your get well soon wishes. I am feeling very much better now.

I am very pleased to know that you love those quotes from the Bible that I had posted to your latest post.

God bless.

Jennifer Jones said...

Ohh WOW!

Sam this is GREAT!

Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures of your darling family and your wonderful Country!

Please get well soon... hope you are getting a lot of rest!

Warmest wishes to you my friend,

Jen

Sam Chan said...

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your get well wishes. I am still taking rest whenever deem necessary. Indeed, more rest helps.

I find that when my body or mind is not in good health, it is difficult to find the energy to blog.

Blessings to you my dear friend.

Christinehaze is SC's author said...

Wow! What a lovely and wonderful family you have there Sam. Looks like you had all fun....! Looking for my holiday next year hehehehehehe,

Great photos, love 'em all!

Sam Chan said...

Hi Haze,

Yup! Thank God for giving me such a lovely and wonderful family. I believe you too are blessed with a lovely and wonderful family.

I hope you too will have a great holiday next year.

Blessings to you, Haze.

Anonymous said...

This was really an awesome place for a family trip. Especially when the rest of your family are nature lover. The picture itself shows how great th e place was and how happy the whole family.