Thursday, May 10, 2007

Treasure Your Good Memories

"We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams." - Jeremy Irons

“Memories are the treasures that we keep locked deep within the storehouse of our souls, to keep our hearts warm when we are lonely.” - Becky Aligada

"The secret of a good memory is attention, and attention to a subject depends upon our interest in it. We rarely forget that which has made a deep impression on our minds." - Tryon Edwards

"Memory... is the diary that we all carry about with us." - Oscar Wilde

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.” - Kevin Arnold

"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away." - Eudora Welty

"Photos taken can help us to remember those special moments that we cherish.

Related posts:

7 comments:

Peter & Gladys Liew said...

very nice and interesting blog, keep up the good work !

surjit singh said...

Another wonderful post.You are doing a great job.
Best wishes.

Jennifer Jones said...

Hi Sam...

This is a fabulous post.

Our memories give us a stability and grounding... so essential to life.

Thanks for this!

JJ

Sam Chan said...

Hi Peter & Gladys Liew,
Thanks for your nice words.I am glad that you liked this post. Best wishes.


Hi Surjit,
I really value your participation. Thank you.


Hi Jennifer,
Yes I agree with you that memories give us a stability and grounding. We will all be stunned if everybody we know forgot who we are (our name, role, happenings and etc). The world will be upside down when people forgot what they ought to do (as parent, husband, wife, etc) after woke up in the morning. Thanks for your valuable comments. Best wishes.

Trix said...

Hello Sam, I like the way you used quotes from several people, all relating to memories, and used them along with the collages of your family! Interesting idea.I can see that you and your family share loads of happy memories, wow...I peeked really close at the collages.You have a lovely family, by the looks of it.Great post for sure.. :)

Sam Chan said...

Hi Jesse,

I love quotes because they are condense thoughts from wise men that are short and easy to remember. I am glad that you love those quotes. Thanks for giving me your feedback. I really appreciate it.

Indeed, I do have a wonderful family. Thank God for all the blessings.

I believe you too have many of happy memories. You just need to look for it.

Best Wishes to you, Jesse!

Anonymous said...

Sam you are wonderful person in my life, because since the day i knew this side my life have turn to be a blessing unto some people, i always advice people on what to do grow