Thursday, May 24, 2007

Remember to Pass It On Well

“We have the power to make this the best generation of mankind in the history of the world - or to make it the last.” - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Each generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it” - George Orwell

“It is up to us to live up to the legacy that was left for us, and to leave a legacy that is worthy of our children and of future generations.” - Christine Gregoire

“If you want happiness for a lifetime - help the next generation.”

Photo by DistortionDotUS taken from this source

6 comments:

Jack Haydon said...

I agree. My children are a major focus of my life because they are the future.

Jack

Jennifer Jones said...

Hi Sam...

Great thought!

Sometimes I feel that my generation has not done a good job of providing a good society and culture for the young generation just coming into this world.

I think this message you share is a very important one!

Thank you so much!

Jen

Sam Chan said...

Hi Jack,

Indeed, we need to focus a lot on our Children. Their future indicate whether we did our good job as parent. I have 4 boys. Thus, it is very important that I do things right because they might follow my good/bad examples.

I constantly needs to remind myself with this quotes:
"The best thing to spend on your children is your time."

Sam Chan said...

Yes I agree with you, Jennifer, that "sometimes this generation has not done a good job of providing a good society and culture for the young generation".

Many happenings shows that moral standard has not improve and values are incorrect.

Thanks for your valuable comments. Best wishes.

Ensharing said...

'....leave a legacy that is worthy of our children and of future generations.” -
Very true.Thanks for wisdom quotes.
Good luck.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Surjit,
Thanks for agreeing to this post.

Well, one need to find out what are the legacy that is worth to pass it on!

Best Wishes.