Monday, May 21, 2007

The Never Ending Education

"Instruction ends in the schoolroom, where real education starts."

“The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.” - Tom Bodett

“The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives.”- Robert M. Hutchins

“Life will teach you the lessons, it is up to you to learn them”

“Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” - Helen Keller

"Life is like riding a bike. It is impossible to maintain your balance while standing still." - Linda Brakeall

Photo by coolmonfrere taken from this source

Related posts:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam, as is often the case you are writing about something that connects dots for me with one of my posts. I just posted one called "Get Out and Live a Little" which is perhaps a moment in my life that intersects with your thoughts on learning from life.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Phil,
Hmm.. could it be because "Birds of a feather flock together" or "Great minds think alike"

Thanks for your continuous support. Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Hello:

I have been unable to fix my HTML,even at the source. Now I am tired,life is too short and I will retire for a few zzzzs
Are you an educator?

I was for 23 years.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Tina,

We all can learn anything as long as we don't give up and have never-ending interest. One just need to ask and many people will be ever ready to offer their help.

I am not an educator although I do preach in church and give IT training.

Best Wishes

surjit singh said...

Very true ........"Life is like riding a bike. It is impossible to maintain your balance while standing still."..
Thanks Sam, for wisdom quotes.
Cheers.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Surjit,
Thanks for your continuous support.
"All experiences are opportunities for us to learn and grow."
Best wishes.