Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Set Your Priorities Carefully

"Most people fail in life because they major in minor things." - Anthony Robbins

“What comes first, the compass or the clock? Before one can truly manage time (the clock), it is important to know where you are going, what your priorities and goals are, in which direction you are headed (the compass). Where you are headed is more important than how fast you are going. Rather than always focusing on what's urgent, learn to focus on what is really important.”

“Set priorities for your goals. A major part of successful living lies in the ability to put first things first. Indeed, the reason most major goals are not achieved is that we spend our time doing second things first.”

Action expresses priorities.” - Mahatma Gandhi

“The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” - Stephen R. Covey

Photo by MarkOMeara taken from this source

Related posts:

4 comments:

Family Man said...

As always, your posts are excellent. Keep it up! I love the new layout!

Sam Chan said...

Hi family man,
Thanks for your nice and motivating comments. My best wishes to you.

Unknown said...

Im really it. As of now I should set my priorities to my kids especially at their age they need my attention. Not just blogging and working. What's on my mind is money, money, money which can lead me to bad ending. I hope not. I must set my priorities beforehand.

Great entries Sam.

Thanks a lot!

Sam Chan said...

Hi Haze,

I am really happy that this post could help you to set your priorities right. Indeed, we should set higher priority for family than wealth. Wealth could not buy one a nice home although it can give us a big house.

Blessings to you and yours