Saturday, June 16, 2007

It is never too late if you do something

"If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it."

“Everything comes too late for those who only wait.” - Elbert Hubbard

“The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“Better late than never, but never late is better.”

“So what do we do? Anything. Something. So long as we just don't sit there. If we screw it up, start over. Try something else. If we wait until we've satisfied all the uncertainties, it may be too late.” - Lee Iacocca

Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late” - Benjamin Franklin

“Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, grace and power in it.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Every difficulty postponed becomes greater later. Each victory makes the next one easier."

If you're too old now to learn, you always were. It's seldom too late to become what we might have been. Many are doing it after 60. Thousands over 50 are starting projects that fellows under 40 put off and neglected because they were too old to finish. A son said to his father: "If I start medical school now, I'll be 37 in 1945 when I finish." Father: "And how old will you be in 1945 if you don't start now?"

Have you yet found yourself and a worthy goal? If not, it's later than you think.

If you have a dream, you have everything that matters. If you have no dream, it's later than you think. Better get one.

Photo by shainelee taken from this source

Related posts:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there, I've seen your profile and I haven't done anything of the things you mentioned; but I always try to be a better man too.
Anyhow, your quotes are interesting, but I'm not a "quote-man", rather I want to experience life.
ciao for now, I'm sure I'll come back soon
freddie

Sam Chan said...

Hi Freddie,
Thanks for your valuable comments.
I am glad that you liked my blog.

FYI, those things that I had mentioned in my profile was not for boasting but rather to make the point that there are so many things that one can learn. There is no end to it. However, what matters are the application of whatever skills or knowledge acquired. I constantly remind myself about this. Nevertheless, I am still trying out any personal development methods or system if there are any noteworthy system.

Hope to learn from you.
Thank you.
Best wishes.