Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Wisdom to Know the Difference

Pray not for things, but for wisdom and courage.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference." - Reinhold Niebuhr

You can't do what is right until you know what is right. But knowing and doing are not necessarily the same thing.

"Understanding is knowing what to do; Wisdom is knowing what to do next; Virtue is actually doing it." - Tristan Gylberd

"If you only do what you know you can do - you never do very much." - Tom Krause

“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost

Well, is it necessary for one to accumulate enough experience personally to have the wisdom to know the difference - to accept things as it is or change it? What do you think?

Photo by 顔なし taken from this source

Related posts:

0 comments: