Friday, June 15, 2007

Learn to ask questions

"You've got to ask! Asking is, in my opinion, the world's most powerful -- and neglected -- secret to success and happiness." - Percy Ross

"Daily ask yourself: How can I do this task quicker, cheaper, better, or more easily?"

"Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why." - Bernard M. Baruch

"Asking the right questions takes as much skill as giving the right answers." - Robert Half

To solve any problem, here are three questions to ask yourself: First, what could I do? Second, what could I read? And third, who could I ask?” - Jim Rohn

"Some people hold themselves back because they're too timid or proud to ask. Asking never kills. Asking makes you appear stupid a few seconds; wiser for life."

"To ask timidly is to invite refusal. Ask as though you expected to receive."

"Ask and you shall receive, demand and you will get less."

"A wise man is one who asks for more, but is willing to take less."

The Bible tells us in Matthew 7:7-8 (NKJV) - "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."

Photo by Small Goofy Dog taken from this source

Related posts:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sam... ahhh I love the quote about Newton being the only one who asked why! LOL! It is GREAT!

I think, asking question is the very spark that bring answers!

Thanks for this!

Jen

Sam Chan said...

Hi Jennifer,
Thanks for adding your insightful views. I really value your participation.

Frankly speaking, I am so blessed and became who I am since the day I started asking a lot of questions. Before that I fail miserably in my studies.

Best Wishes

surjit singh said...

Sam,your all quotes are meaningful and motivatiing.But the best part I like is.... quotes from the Holy Bible.Thanks for this. Blessings.

Sam Chan said...

Thanks Surjit, for your encouraging words.

You are right! - the best part comes from the Bible. There is nothing that can really compare with those Quotes (Wisdom) from the Bible.

It is written in the Bible in James 3:17 "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy."

Best Wishes