Saturday, September 01, 2007

Jokes can brighten your day!

Some says I have a good sense of humor. Well, I really don't know. I remember occasions when I was telling a joke, nobody laugh. Then when everybody laughs I don't know why.

A joke is a very serious thing” - Winston Churchill

Below are some jokes or quotes that I had picked for today:

"If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep." - Anonymous

“An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets the more interested he is in her.” - Agatha Christie

"Some people talk in their sleep. Lecturers talk while other people sleep." - Albert Camus

“Borrow money from a pessimist - they don't expect it back” - Anonymous

“A rich man's joke is always funny” - Thomas Browne, Sr.

What do you think? Do you agree?

Photo by ehpien taken from this source

Related posts:

8 comments:

lilifxt said...

hi sam thats so funny quotes
i liked that one “An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets the more interested he is in her.” - Agatha Christie


jokes are really good cheers us up we do need it ilove jokes ....:)

surjit singh said...

Sam, It is always wonderful to have a laugh. A good post.Let me add...
An archaeologist: whose career lies in the ruins...
Good luck. Have a nice week end.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Lili,

I am glad you find those quotes funny. Very true.. jokes can cheers us up. That's what comedy show try to achieve - making everybody laughing out loud. Nevertheless, sad movies gives us good lessons and both are necessary.

Blessings to you, Lili

Sam Chan said...

Hi Surjit,
That's a nice one - "An archaeologist: whose career lies in the ruins..."

Thanks for your sense of humor.
You too have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

The biggest thing I've learned about jokes from many years in Toastmasters is don't ever laugh at your own material. If the audience doesn't laugh, you may have been so unfunny the audience didn't realize you were trying - laughing at yourself clues them in. If you the audience laughs just smile, pause, enjoy it and count your blessings for not botching it!

Sam Chan said...

Hi John Spaith,

Thanks for adding your words of wisdom. I really appreciate your contribution.

Best Wishes

Trinity said...

Awwwww what a cutie cat!! LOL...
this is my first time here.

cheers!

Trinity

Sam Chan said...

Hi Trinity,

Welcome and Thanks for the visit. I hope it was beneficial to you. Feel free to share your comments / views in my blogs. Do let me know if you think the content needs improvement. Really appreciate whatever feedback. Thank you.

Best Wishes,