Friday, September 28, 2007

Quality Expectations

The Quality of Expectations determines the Quality of our Action.” - A. Godin

According to PBN.com, In the last five years, there is an increase in customers’ expectations in terms of:
  • Customer service levels – 81.3%
  • Competitive pricing – 75.0%
  • Faster turnaround – 68.8%
  • Product quality – 43.8%
What about your own expectations about yourselves? Are you happy with how you are living your life now? It is good that we spend some time and think about it. Our wrong expectations may hinder our path in life because it is very seldom that an individual exceed his own expectations.

Our environment, the world in which we live and work, is a mirror of our Attitudes and Expectations.” - Earl Nightingale

“If you paint in your mind a picture of bright and happy expectations, you put yourself into a condition conducive to your goal.” - Norman Vincent Peale

“When we create something, we always create it first in a thought form. If we are basically positive in attitude, expecting and envisioning pleasure, satisfaction and happiness, we will attract and create people, situations, and events which conform to our positive expectations.” - Shakti Gawain

“Our limitations and success will be based, most often, on your own expectations for ourselves. What the mind dwells upon, the body acts upon.” - Denis Waitley

"Whatever we expect with confidence becomes our own self-fulfilling prophecy." - Brian Tracy

Although, it maybe hard to live up to other people expectations, but don't give up on yourself. If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right too! Make very sure that you have great and quality expectations to do better.

Photo by kkimpel taken from this source

Related posts:

14 comments:

WaterLearner said...

Sam,

Another great post! Indeed, if you think you can then you can. Battles are first and foremost always fought in our minds!

Have a Good Weekend Sam!!

Unknown said...

This another inspiring message dear Sam.

Thank you for this great post! This would really help me a lot.

I'll have to know my expectations in life and accept what I can't. I'll probably have the most highest expectations, no wonder I get disappointed big time whenever it fails.

But glad I came here to read your entries.

mr fong said...

Sam, I agree with u...What we are is what we expect of ourselves.At least, we must try.

Jennifer Jones said...

GREAT post!

I think you are so right on with this.

And, I have a long way to go to raise my personal expectations... thank you for the encouragement and inspiration!

:-)

JJ

Sam Chan said...

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your compliment on my blog. You too have a great weekend!

Best Wishes

Sam Chan said...

Hi Haze,

I am glad you find this little post helpful. Me too have very high expectations in myself, subordinates and all my love one so that we can always be better everyday. Anyway, I reckon the important is the quality of our expectations that make the difference.

Thanks for sharing your valuable thoughts!

Have a great weekend.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Winston,

Thank you for your insight and wisdom! You are indeed a very smart guy. I believe you will have a great future ahead.

My Best Wishes to you

Sam Chan said...

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks! I'm glad this little post made sense to you.

I wishes you all the best so that you could achieve lots of goodness by raising your expectations.

Blessings to you Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Great message:
"Whatever we expect with confidence becomes our own self-fulfilling prophecy...
..he who cares for the opinion of the multitude will never soar
above the crowd."
So live up to your expectation.
Thanks Sam, for another dose of wisdom.
God bless.

Sam Chan said...

Thanks Surjit for adding your insight and words of wisdom. You are right! "..he who cares for the opinion of the multitude will never soar above the crowd."

God bless

Anonymous said...

Great Post, Sam. If we expect ourselves to be a teacher, we will put it into action to realize it. We are what we expect.

Open Your Mind to Prosperity

Sam Chan said...

Thanks Honman, for sharing your valuable thoughts.

My best wishes.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked my poster.. I took the picture over Texas.. and got the quote from "quotegarden.com"

Sam Chan said...

Hi Anonymous (Kathy Kimpel)

Yup. I liked your poster because it really express this little post well.

Thanks for sharing your photo.
Best Wishes