Saturday, September 29, 2007

Be thankful in all circumstances

"Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” - Brian Tracy

When Matthew Henry, a bible commentator was robbed, that very night he prayed:

"I thank Thee, first, because I was never robbed before; second, because although they took my purse, they did not take my life; third, because although they took my all, it was not much; and fourth, because it was I who was robbed, and not I who robbed."

Are you thankful for everything in your life? Are you thankful for your hardships, disappointments, and unfulfilled expectations? Take a look at the following quotes and ponder over it.

“Even though we can't have all we want, we ought to be thankful we don't get what we deserve.”

“If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get.” -Frank A. Clark

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." - William Arthur Ward

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." - John F. Kennedy

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." - Eric Hoffer

“Be thankful for hard times in your life. Try not to look at them as bad things, but as opportunities to grow and learn.”

Well, indeed, it is easy to be thankful for the good things in our lives, but not the difficult things. Nevertheless, difficulties are opportunities to better things; they are stepping stones to greater experience. Perhaps someday you will be thankful for some temporary failure in a particular direction.

Let's be thankful for everything in our life, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Photo 1 by Jimmy theSuperStar taken from this source
Photo 2 by .Bradi. taken from this source

Related posts:

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post. It is indeed important to be thankful.
Open Your Mind to Prosperity

Sue said...

I love, love, LOVE this post Sam! Perfect timing, considering what is going on in my life right now.

I simply adore the quotes as well. THANK YOU!

mr fong said...

Sam, thank you for this post. Read it just as I'm going to sleep, very nice...I go sleep first, comment later.Bye! :)

Sam Chan said...

Hi Honman,

Thanks for your continuous support. I really value your participation.

Best Wishes

Sam Chan said...

Hi Sue,
I am glad you find this post useful.
Thanks for your kind support and encouragement! It means a lot!

Many Blessings to you

Sam Chan said...

Hi Winston,

Thanks. I glad you like this little post.

Take care and God bless!

Jennifer Jones said...

Very nice!

I'm working on this... I feel much more appreciation than I express and want to share my feelings more!

I'll start with you.. (smile)!

You do such a fabulous joy on your blog.. it is one of my very favorites. I find myself upliften, inspired, and motivated to be a better person in so many ways!

So, thank you my friend. Thank you for the gifts you share and for making this world a better place!

Blessings and gratitude to you Sam,

Jen

Sam Chan said...

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your compliment. :-)

You are doing great too! I love the way you use your blog to spread goodness. I enjoy all your posts. You can really write well. I have to learn a lot from you.

Blessings and Joy to you my dear friend.

mr fong said...

Hi sam, thought of coming here secretly but realized Mybloglog would catch me so I came to comment and turn myself in :P

Sam Chan said...

Hi Mr Fong,

You are always welcome to visit my blogs whether secretly or openly :-)

Thanks for your continuous support.

Best Wishes

mr fong said...

Haha, no problem. You were busy ytd? Couldn't find you anywhere.. ;p

Sam Chan said...

Hi Winston,

I was really exhausted. Thus, I did not blog at all last couple of days.

mr fong said...

No problem.Can teach me how to do the linking thing? Want to learn ;p

Winston Fong

mr fong said...

My link does not work,haha.

Winston Fong

Sam Chan said...

Hi Winston,

I will try to guide you using MyBloglog messaging system.

Best Wishes

mr fong said...

K, thanks :)