Friday, June 29, 2007

How to choose good friends?

Friends certainly influence you whether you realize it or not. Thus, we all should choose our friends carefully.

"A false friend is worse than a true enemy"

"Don't go for the looks, it can be quite deceiving. Don't go for wealth, even that fades away -- go for someone who makes you smile because only a smile makes a dark day seem bright. Hope you find that person."

"A good friend listens to you, really cares, always shows an interest in you, puts your needs first and is there for you when you need him or her the most even if you've just had a disagreement."

False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade. - Christian N. Bovee

"My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me." - Henry Ford

"Best friends are like diamonds, precious and rare. False friends are like leaves, found everywhere."

What qualities do you think a good friend should have?

Photo by JohnnyEnglish taken from this source

Related posts:

8 comments:

anits said...

God is great..luckily He let us to choose our friends..
A good friend is the one that we can talk with and be on our side in any situation and also honesty is very important.

surjit singh said...

I often quote:
“A good friend is like a Computer.He “ENTERS” your life, “SAVES” you in his heart,”FORMATS”your problems,” and never “DELETES” you from his life.”
My best wishes

Anonymous said...

True friends are really hard to find. And I am lucky I've got one. With her and through her, I've realized the meaning of friendship.
Have a nice day! Thanks for this friendly post.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Anits,
You are right! God is so gracious that he gave us choice to choose our friends.

Thanks for sharing your valuable thoughts.

Blessings to you.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Surjit,
That's a beautiful quote!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful quote to me.

Best wishes.

Sam Chan said...

Hi My,

Yes I agree with you True Friends are really hard to find.
Thanks for your valuable comments.

Best wishes.

Jennifer Jones said...

Hi Sam...

Ohhh GREAT post!

I've had some of those not-so-great friends and fortunately have found really great ones...

The great ones are the angels in my life!

Warmest wishes,

Jen

Sam Chan said...

Hi Jennifer,
I like this sayings: "Books and friends should be few and good."

I agree with you... great ones are like angels!

Thanks for sharing your personal experience.

God Bless you.