Thursday, May 17, 2007

You are the light of the world

"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Charles Beard

"The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It is the darkness in your own heart you should fear." - Silvetris

"We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light." - Mary Dunbar

"Darkness can not drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"When people choose to withdraw far from a fire, the fire continues to give warmth, but they grow cold. When people choose to withdraw far from light, the light continues to be bright in itself but they are in darkness. This is also the case when people withdraw from God." - Augustine

"It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light." - Aristotle Onassis

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Photo by pbo31 taken from this source

Related posts:

9 comments:

Jennifer Jones said...

Hi Sam... ahhh this is one of my all time favorites! I so agree!

I think this is one of the most powerful ideas... that light eliminates the darkness,

We can't fight darkness with more darkness...

Very lovely thoughts Sam... thank you so much for this!

I always find such inspiration here!

Blessing always,

Jen

Jennifer Jones said...

One other thing... I think you are a great example of one who shines their light... your goodness permeates your posts!

JJ

Di said...

Such a lovely message on such a lousy day! I'm going to make the effort to remind myself of these wise words more often.
Ta!

surjit singh said...

Thought provoking lines...'The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It is the darkness in your own heart you should fear...'
Thanks Sam Chan,for providing us daily dose of wisdom.
Best wishes.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Jennifer,
Thanks for your kind words. I am glad that this is one of your all time favorites!

Well, I am just doing my part by picking a topic and then selecting all the relevant quotes from all great men who had left it for our use. The important thing for us to remember is to practise all the good things posted rather than just knowing it.

I am really encouraged by your participation. Thank you.
God Bless.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Di,
Thanks for the visit. I will be very happy if any of the post here can be helpful or beneficial to you.
Best wishes.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Surjit,
I am very encouraged to know from you that my blog is beneficial. I am so grateful to you for the many comments that you had shared in this blog.
Best Wishes

Anonymous said...

Amen.
May God bless everyone of us. :)

Sam Chan said...

Hi Jayce Ooi,
Thank You for Agreeing.
God bless