Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Power of Concentration

“One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” - Anthony Robbins

"The ability to focus on one thing single-mindedly and see it through until it’s done takes more character than anything else." - Brian Tracy

“The ability to concentrate and to use your time well is everything” - Lee Iacocca

“Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” - Alexander Graham Bell

As the gardener prunes the tree to draw the sap into one or two branches, so must we concentrate on one or two to avoid scattering our talents.

The strong by scattering their energies, accomplish nothing. The weak, by concentrating on one thing, build big business.

“It seems essential, in relationships and all tasks, that we concentrate only on what is most significant and important.” - Soren Kierkegaard

An exercise in concentration: Once a week, ask yourself: "Is this thing I'm doing right now helping me reach my chief goal?" If it isn't, change it.

Photo by MiikaS taken from this source

Related posts:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post strucked me. It reminds me that I have problem on concentrating and focusing my thoughts. Thanks for this enlightening post.

surjit singh said...

“Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus...'
A great message.Thanks Sam Chan, for giving us the dialy dose of wisdom. Blessings.

Sam Chan said...

Hi My!
I'm glad this simple post made sense and beneficial to you.

Thanks for your kind words. Best wishes.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Surjit,
Thanks for your kind support and encouragement! It means a lot!

Best Wishes

Isolated said...

Hello Sam. I like this post too. It is true that not many people concentrate on what they are doing. I especially like The strong vs. the weak line. I believe those who are successful (by whatever means you measure success) tend to put all their energy and passion into whatever they like doing. In turn they are more happy, more successful, and better concentrated at what they are doing.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Meili,

Thanks for adding your insightful views. I really value your participation.

May we all harness the power of concentration!

Best Wishes