"The man who doesn't need a boss is usually selected to be one."
“A good boss makes his men realize they have more ability than they think they have so that they consistently do better work than they thought they could” - Charles Erwin Wilson
"The speed of the boss is the speed of the team."
"By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day." - Robert Frost
From the Internet, I've managed to gather some attributes of good bosses.
- Treat all employees fairly and equally.
- Speak to employees with respect.
- Encourage initiative and decision-making on the job.
- Clearly define job duties and deadlines.
- Praise employees in public but correct in private.
- Show appreciation and thank employees for any contributions
If you would like to share your experience, don't hesitate to post a comment.
Photo by Entienou taken from this source