Thursday, August 02, 2007

Don't let evil forces dominate you!

Nowadays, there are more and more horrifying cases that we thought can only happen in movies. Recently, there was a reported case of a man having his body chopped up into 11 pieces and stuffed into five rubbish bags before being put into the refrigerator. Click here for more details.

Isn't that horrible? You might ask. What's wrong with this people? Well, indeed, it is difficult to comprehend. Anyway, the following quotes are very true:

"Anger is one letter short of danger."

"Great anger is more destructive than the sword."

Well, in the moment of anger, many people can become totally insane and such unbecoming actions can happen.

Let's take a look at this story:

A man came out of his home to admire his new car. To his puzzlement, his three-year-old son was happily hammering dents into the shiny paint of the car.

The man ran to his son, knocked him away, hammered the little boy's hands into pulp as punishment. When the father calmed down, he rushed his son to the hospital. Although the doctor tried desperately to save the crushed bones, he finally had to amputate the fingers from both the boy's hands.

When the boy woke up from the surgery and saw his bandaged stubs, he innocently said, "Daddy, I'm sorry about your car." Then he asked, "but when are my fingers going to grow back?" The father went home and committed suicide.

(Source: Internet; Author Unknown)
Please take note that the above story has been classified as Urban Legend

Think about this story the next time you see someone spill milk at a dinner table or steps on your feet and you wish to take revenge. Think first before you lose your patience with someone you love. Cars can be repaired. Broken bones and hurt feelings often can't. Too often we fail to recognize the difference between the person and the performance.

People make mistakes. We are allowed to make mistakes. But the actions we take while in a rage will haunt us forever. Pause and ponder. Think before you act. Be patient. Understand and love.

"Every time you get angry, you poison your own system." - Alfred Montapert

“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Anger is a momentary madness, so control your passion or it will control you." - Horace

"If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow." - Chinese Proverb

Have you personally witness any good friend of yours that had loses their mind when they lost their cool? Do share any stories that you think is beneficial.

Photo by xrrr taken from this source

Related posts:

12 comments:

Sue said...

Oh, thank you so much for this post today Sam. I really need this. That story, although urban legend, will haunt me in my sleep, how horrible! I would never hurt my kids!!

J@n!ce said...

Sam, I want to tell you how much I appreciate your effort for the daily post. Each one of them are so meaningful. The selection of the photos to go along with each post can tell that you are a very outstanding & detailed person.
I thank you for that :) :)

I've brewed a cup of top grade brazilian coffee. Its a double shot espresso JUST for you :D

Hope the drink will give you a buzz on this lazy Thurs :)

Have a good day in at work....

Trix said...

Its so easy to click into anger mode, and some people just cannot seem to rein that monster in, once its loose.There are sadly some guys and girls who have learnt from an early age to react with anger to any trivial thing.Terrifying, but a true fact of life.Sam, this post will remind me to never jump into anger mode, but to walk in a graceful manner where I can.Thank you

Sam Chan said...

Hi Sue,
Thanks! I'm glad this little story made sense to you.

Blessings to you and yours

Sam Chan said...

Janice, Thank you very very much. I am really happy to know that you like my postings and find them useful.

FYI, I just had a cup of coffee from my wife. Hmm... will I be over-caffeinated today? Well, last night, I slept at around 2.00am. With another cup of virtual coffee, I won't be sleeping at all tonight! :-)

Have a great day!
Best Wishes

Sam Chan said...

Jesse, Thanks for adding your valuable thoughts. I really value your participation.

Never never give the anger monster a chance to spoil the day!

Best Wishes

mr fong said...

Ah Sam, you should be the tutor: you always teach me stuff. I should just quit the job :-)

Take care !!!!!!!

Jennifer Jones said...

Hi Sam...

Fabulous post!

Here is a little story that goes along with this theme...

I once had a neighbor whose young son died at the age of three. About a month after his death we were sitting outside in my front yard when another neighbor across the street started yelling at her six year old son for leaving his bike outside over night.

My neighbor with whom I was sitting, starting crying and said, "I wish I had a son to leave his bike out."

I've never forgotten this....

Thank you my friend for helping us all to live better lives!

Jen

Sam Chan said...

Hi Mr Fong,
You are doing great with your math! There are so many things to learn. What I am sharing is from all the great wise guys. Thus, I am learning as well when I am sharing.

I think I can also learn a great deal from you. Do remember to share your wisdom... don't keep it to yourself! :-)

Best Wishes

Sam Chan said...

Hi Jennifer,
Thank you for sharing with me that special experienced you had with your neighbor.

"You never miss the water till the well runs dry."

Thanks for give me all the encouragement. I really appreciate it very much.

Best Wishes to you, Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Great Post. Sometimes someone may trigger your anger and you are unable to control your anger and in the end you regret what you have done. An advice "Think thrice before you act" and wait until you have calm down then you made decision or else the decision made will not be wise.

Sam Chan said...

"Think thrice before you act" and wait until you have calm down...

That's a great advice, Honman!

Thank you for your insight and wisdom!

Best Wishes to you, Honman.