Monday, August 13, 2007

The Path to Greatness

All of us have the potential of greatness, waiting to be developed. However, till we have models greater than ourselves, we seldom improve. Thus, we need to adopt a few.

The only fortune worth finding is finding - then developing our rich - inner talents - those seed of greatness that God plants inside every one of us, awaiting our discovery.

“Responsibility is the price of greatness.” - Winston Churchill

“Greatness is not found in possessions, power, position, or prestige. It is discovered in goodness, humility, service, and character.” - William Arthur Ward

"Deeds, not stones, are the true monuments of the great." - John L. Motley

“Man's greatness lies in his power of thought.” - Blaise Pascal

You are great man if you leave the world better than you found it. Put your heart and soul into everything you do, including the little things and that is the path to greatness. However, this road is not always smooth. You'll need a lot of courage, persistence, and great attitude in this journey.

Well, are you still on the path to greatness?

Photo 1 by Rongzoni taken from this source
Photo 2 by poederbach taken from this source

Related posts:

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I hope I'm on a path of being a great mom! That's all I can see God calling me to do right now!

Sam Chan said...

Hi Jacqueline,

"Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible."

Being a great mother is the most noble duty. You will definitely on the path of greatness with the guidance from God.

May Our Lord protective hands be on you and yours always.

Jennifer Jones said...

Hi Sam...

I do not feel too great too often... but I totally agree that our greatness is not about possessions but about living to our highest good, doing what we can to bring peace and joy to our earth!

Thank you for this reminder Sam.. it is very nice!

Blessings and peace to you my friend,

Jen

Sam Chan said...

You are welcome, Jennifer.

Me too are still far from even good. That's why I post this to remind myself as well. However, I do believe we could improves everyday if we are willing to develop our inner talents. The joy is when we could contribute something that benefit everybody.

My Best wishes to you my friend.

Anonymous said...

I love what you said, that : If we live properly, once is enough!
I have always thought of making something out of my life, and not just be a person that passed through the wind time.
Now I know what to do, finding how to live properly is the key.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Tunde,

Thanks for the compliment.

I am really happy that this little blog entry has managed to light up your path i.e. able to provide you some hints to move on in life.

Blessings be with you.