When we are feeling blue and depressed, does it really make sense to say: "I am joyous, happy, glad, etc."? Yes, it surely does.
Forcing positive thoughts drives away our negatives. We can't think two opposite thoughts at the same time. By changing your thoughts, you change your attitude and your feeling. Even the Bible says: Let the weak say I am strong.
Keep your mind filled with positive thoughts and there'll be no room for negatives. That's the whole purpose of affirmations - to keep our minds positive.
Finding positive out of every negative - which we don't always often do.
- For the husband or wife who snores all night, because he or she is at home asleep with me and not with someone else.
- For the taxes that I pay because it means that I am employed.
- For the mess to clean after a party because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.
- For the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.
- For a floor that needs mopping, and windows that need cleaning because it means I have a home.
- For all the complaining I hear about the government because it means that we have the freedom of speech.
- For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking and that I have been blessed with transportation.
- For the pile of laundry and ironing because it means I have clothes to wear.
- For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I am still alive.
However, you'll develop more power, physical, mental, or any skill in 30 minutes of practice than in 20 years of positive thinking.
No one ever became a champion athlete or master musician in 20 years of positive thinking about music or athletics UNLESS he ALSO PRACTICED. Likewise, your living will only improves when you do all that is necessary for the positive change!
Photo 1 by Shadowhut taken from this source
Photo 2 by natesmama0214 taken from this source